Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rose of Sharon bush is falling over? ?

Posted by anniemo0620 Ohio (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 4, 13 at 20:30

Hello! I have a large rose of Sharon Bush that is very healthy and plenty of books. I haven't pruned it since I moved in my house which was 3 years ago. I also don't know how well it was cared for prior to me buying house. Every year is been a great bloomer as expected, but this year after a hard rain all of the branches started drooping! It's healthy and still blooming. The rain was over a week ago but the branches haven't resumed to their upright position since. Any one know what's going on or how I can remedy the issue?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rose of Sharon bush is falling over? ?

fixed

o

I recommend pruning either this fall or early next spring. The article linked below has some excellent information.

Rosie

Here is a link that might be useful: Pruning Rose Of Sharon Shrub

o

Love_the_yard,
I think Tulsarose is correct, that beast needs a 'hair cut'. The article attached is perfect.
Ed

o

Hehehe, I didn't offer any opinion on this plant. I was merely fixing the orientation of the photo.  photo happy1.gif

Tip for posting photos: take all photos in landscape mode and you will not have orientation issues.

This post was edited by love_the_yard on Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 0:02

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here