Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mannyohio

Dying hibiscus

mannyohio
14 years ago

bought a few hibiscus last fall, placed them in pots and kept them inside the house over the winter, they did well, their leaves were healthy and by mid winter, some started droppign their leaves (yeloowhish), but then new growth came up within a week or 2, or as they started falling new growth would come out.

I took them ouside late may, nights were about 60s or mid 50s. nothing bad, but just recently, like mid june, one by one stared having yellow leaves and no new growth has come out, and now has no leaves at all. they are about 3 (that i bought last fall). on the other hand, i have 2 more that one i had for about 5 years and another for 3, they are fine. so this discards the possibility of a pest. I just don't understand it...it does not follow a pattern. One of them started to have a small branch of new growth, but it just turned yellow (very small leaves) and seems dead now !

3 total.

Any suggestions? ideas? advise?

Comment (1)

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

When the leaves turned yellow it means that the leaves are old. But when almost all of the leaves are gone its a different story. I have researched from google about caring of hibiscus and the link is posted for your reference. I hope this helps you save your hibiscus.

Here is a link that might be useful: hibiscus care

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County