Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Large hibiscus???

Posted by jen35 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 07 at 21:25

I have had a few hibiscus plants over the years, not paying attention to type of hibiscus it was. This year I bought one and I was astonished at the size of the flower so I measured it across = 8 inches!! Is this common?, if so, what type is it? Thank you so much for your help. I live in Northern Ontario.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Large hibiscus???

sound like the dinner plate variety, a hardy hibiscus. do you have a pic? there are lots of the larger hibs, if you post a pic of it somebody here can id it for you.

o

I took pics, still in my camera, but I will try to post it. It Is a burgundy colour. I have to admit I was freaked out when I first saw it on Sunday. I've had a second blossom and the buds are huge. I make everyone who drops by have a lookie loo. Thanks gardengirlz2

o

Hi Jen35.
Your Hibiscus is a Hardy Hibiscus-Rose Mallow- Moscheutos.
This plant has dinner plate size of blooms reaches to 12"of diameter.It is very common.I have lots of them.there are pure white,many shades of pink ,from light pink to burgundy.they grow in my garden very tall up to 8'.I love them,they are my favorite plants.
Regards,Hala.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here