Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jardinerowa

Hibiscus arnottianus A. Gray ssp. immaculatus

jardinerowa
17 years ago

Hey all,

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Hibiscus arnottianus A. Gray ssp. immaculatus seeds/seedlings to grow. I'm in Western WA and with a little greenhouse I would like to try to grow these as it is an endangered species. Thanks.

Comments (6)

• brianmkerr
    17 years ago

Hello Jardinerowa, They have been known to be available in Australia via some people who have contacts in the Hawaiian Botanical Gardens. I will see if they still have some seed, otherwise contact the Bot gardens and see what they can do. This plant is growing in Australia, so what about getting some wood from it and growing it on?
    Try asking this question on the International Hibiscus Society website and others may be able to help as well.
    Regards, Brian Kerr.

• jardinerowa
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brian,

Thanks for the message and the tips. I will try to contact the Hawaiian Botanical Gardens. I've seen the Hibiscus arnottianus for sale somewhere online but it doesn't say it's ssp. immaculatus.

J

• gr33nthumb
    11 years ago

i would like to buy a cutting if someone has one

• Debarghya Roy
    3 years ago

Hello everyone! Please help me out. I'm from India and I want to grow this fragrant hibiscus here as it is unique. Could anyone please send me the seeds? Please reach me at debarghya2010@gmail.com. Thanks a ton!

• Raghu Rajan
    3 years ago

I am also in search of this plant for a long time

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH