Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus arnottianus A. Gray ssp. immaculatus

Posted by jardinerowa (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 30, 06 at 22:19

Hey all,

Does anyone know how I can get a hold of Hibiscus arnottianus A. Gray ssp. immaculatus seeds/seedlings to grow. I'm in Western WA and with a little greenhouse I would like to try to grow these as it is an endangered species. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus arnottianus A. Gray ssp. immaculatus

Hello Jardinerowa, They have been known to be available in Australia via some people who have contacts in the Hawaiian Botanical Gardens. I will see if they still have some seed, otherwise contact the Bot gardens and see what they can do. This plant is growing in Australia, so what about getting some wood from it and growing it on?
Try asking this question on the International Hibiscus Society website and others may be able to help as well.
Regards, Brian Kerr.

o

Brian,

Thanks for the message and the tips. I will try to contact the Hawaiian Botanical Gardens. I've seen the Hibiscus arnottianus for sale somewhere online but it doesn't say it's ssp. immaculatus.

J

o

I have a 20 year old hibiscus arnottianus plant that thrives in my yard. I would be open to selling cuttings if interested.

o

i would like to buy a cutting if someone has one

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here