Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wilting leaves on Hibiscus

Posted by christy2828 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 23:39

I recently moved to S. Florida and bought a "tree" variety of a red flowering Hibiscus. Just your HD basic variety. It was healthy but unusually cold this winter and it got a late start. I put it in a large deep container and it gets good afternoon sun (could have more). It always has buds on it and I kept thinking it would bloom like crazy but I rarely get several flowers at a time. Now the leaves are always droopy. I thought it might need a good feeding and did so. It had about 7 good blooms about a week later, but they were so heavy for the plant they faced down and the leaves are still so droopy. They aren't yellowed or black and dying, and have gotten ample watering. I don't think too much or too little water is the problem. I can't figure out why the leaves are drooping! If it needs more sun? I can move it!! Any thoughts please??? Thanks!! Christy :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wilting leaves on Hibiscus

Hmm...it is starting to bounce back. Maybe I'll just leave it alone!! Thanks, Christy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here