Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus Question

Posted by eahamel 9a (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 8:21

I recently got a small hibiscus. It's the sort that you see used as bedding plants around buildings, esplanades, etc. They don't get very large, but then, they're only in these beds for a few months. The label says it won't get more than 18" tall. I find this very hard to believe. Have they used a growth retardant on these plants? Does anyone know what kind of low temps they can take? Our winters don't get really cold most of the time, but we do have mild freezes from time to time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus Question

Can you send a picture? what kind of leaves does it have? Are they the dark green shiny kind?
What is the name of the plant?
Any of this information will give us a better idea of what you have and how to help you.
Sharon Cash~Zone 7

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here