Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lightening1591

desperate to save

lightening1591
15 years ago

I have a issue with my braided hibiscus....I bought it Alabama for my mother in law over a year ago..Well when we were in alabama last month she pasted away...and dad told me to take the plant home here in PA..So we wrapped it up for the long drive home...got it home and un did the wrap we had on it and it looked ok safe and sound...but after a few days it started to loose leaves and what was on the tree turned yellow or shrunk up and dried out....Please help do not know what to do to help it...it has come from the south to the north which is a shock in temp and weather...It is on my front deck lots of sunlight and i have watered it...What am i doing wrong???

Comments (2)

• gansn
    15 years ago

Did all the leaves fall off? Did it get too hot while in the car? Stay calm, It's probably just complaining about the change. Give it some time. Don't overwater! Don't fertilize!

Good luck.
    Glenda

• beachbarbie
    15 years ago

I completely agree with Glenda. Hibiscus are notorious for going thru shock when moved around, expecially a big move like what yours has been thru. I call them Drama Queens!
    You should start seeing little leaves growing along the branches soon.
    Barb