Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dparker_la

Can anyone ID this hardy hibiscus?

dparker_la
11 years ago

Beautiful unknown hardy hibiscus I started from seed several yrs. ago. Grows up to 2 1/2 ft to 3 1/2 ft tall and covered in dinner-plate sz. blooms. Some flowers are lightly dusted in pink while others are dusted in a deeper pink.

Any help on getting an ID would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments (10)

• robitaillenancy1
    11 years ago

This is a seedling and can probably be named and registered because it is so different and very nice.

Nancy

• dparker_la
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Nancy! I appreciate your help.

• flowersoffate
    11 years ago

how many different ones do you have dollie? and where are the other pictures? lol.

• dparker_la
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Barb! I only have the one shrub but have started a few cuttings.

• cashclan
    11 years ago

disco Pink only grows to 2 1/2 -3 feet and has dinnerplate sized blooms. do a google search and see if you thing it might be that.
    (((HUGS)))
    Sharon Cash
    Zone 7

• dparker_la
    Original Author
    11 years ago

H Sharon! The Disco Pink that I've googled all appear to have a darker pink to even hot pink bi-coloring with a pink eye. I will recheck. Thanks for your help.
    Dollie

• variegatednancy1
    11 years ago

I'm not sure about hibiscus seed but when you plant seeds from many plants the seedlings are not at all like the seedpod mother or father. So this seedling would need to be named by the person who planted the seed.

Does the hibiscus society have a place to register seedlings?

Nancy

• dparker_la
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Good morning Nancy,
    I need to check with the hibiscus society about how one goes about getting a seedling registered. I've registered several cannas but this is my first hardy hibiscus.

Thank you for your comment.

Dollie

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

Beautiful! hope you keep up the good work we love to see the wonderful blooms that are posted here.

• dparker_la
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Wally!

Sponsored