Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobestes

Hardy Hibiscus, Yellow Leaves

bobestes
17 years ago

Just planted a new Hardy Hibiscus (I know, not perfect timing, first week of August).

In the first couple days, I've noticed some of the leaves turning yellow, with increasing frequency.

Is this just transplant shock? I usually water in the morning/afternoon, so hopefully it's just got to catch up a little bit...

Comments (3)

• plantsofheaven
    17 years ago

Yes, I think it is just transplant shock. Mine usually lose a couple of leaves to. Just make sure to check for diseases and bug problems,remember to water and it should be just fine.
    Hope this helps
    Mike

• jardinerowa
    17 years ago

Bobestes,

This happened to my hardy hibiscus. I hear they love LOTS of water. Mine was planted a few weeks ago but it's leaves don't look that great and the stems kinda turned red. I don't know if it will make it but I sure hope so.

• jardinerowa
    17 years ago

Well my hardy hibiscus blooms great now but the leaves still don't look that great. We get a LOT of wind and although it's staked, I'm thinking that the leaves are just getting windburned? Also, before I planted it almost a month ago, the stems were green. They're reddish now. What is that?

J

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA