Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lee_english

Hibiscus not blooming

lee_english
15 years ago

I have two perennial/patio hibiscus that are full of healthy-looking leaves, but only one of them hibiscus has bloomed. The one that bloomed is white with the red eye. Since the three blooms fell off, I have nada. They both get a good amount of evening sun with no wet feet. In contrast, a red hibiscus I brought from my mom's house is blooming like crazy. This one has red veins in the leaves. Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong with the other two?

Also, Spring Hill is having a special on hibiscus. Has any one ordered from them before? What were your results?

Comments (3)

• tsmith2579
    15 years ago

Starting today, water with 5 gallons of water and 5 tablespoons of Epsom salts. Do this once a month until frost. You wil have buds very soon.

• dorka
    15 years ago

Hello,
    I have a hibiscus tree which I bought 2 years ago. Last year it bloom but in September when it was too cold to leve it outdoors. I have't got any bloom yet this summer but there are small butts growing which probably mature in September again.
    How to make it bloom in June and enjoy outdoors?
    Any advise witll be greatly appreciated.

• ms_xeno
    15 years ago

...Also, Spring Hill is having a special on hibiscus. Has any one ordered from them before? What were your results?

I was burned badly by Spring Hill and will never buy from them again. Not only did almost nothing I buy from them grow, but they substituted unwanted items without offering me the option of a refund or choosing a substitute plant first.

Cheap is nice, but having plants that you actually ordered and which actually will grow is nicer.

Sponsored
DryHome Roofing & Siding, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars82 Reviews
Loudon Co. Roofing, Siding & Exterior Remodeler Best of Houzz 5 times!