Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dead Heading and getting rebloom on Hardy Hibiscus

Posted by indylars Indianapolis 5 (wlars1963@aol.com) on
Thu, Aug 9, 07 at 13:34

I was wandering if I cut back all the seedheads if I will get a decent reblooming? Should I also fertilize too? Would Rosetone be ok?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dead Heading and getting rebloom on Hardy Hibiscus

Deadheading works for me. My Disco Belle/Southern Belle hibiscus bloom for about four to six weeks, depending upon the warmth of the season. The ROS bloom far longer. Good luck.

o

Deadheading help and they are heavy feeders so rosetone or several other types of fert will also help.
Happy Growing David

o
no blooms on hardy hibiscus

I have 3 hardy hibiscus that are 5-6 years old. This july they
all bloomed for about 2-3 weeks. Since the I get lots of buds but the dry up and turn in to brown seed pods. None of them have and blossums for over a month. What happen??? I live in central Illinois. Last year they did the same thing. Early flower, then just seed pods.

o

How often do you water after they bloom? Are your summers very, very hot? Hibiscus need a ton of water during the hot summer days. Do you mulch? That helps. Good luck.

o
Deadheading Hardy Hibiscus

Since I'm new to hardy hibiscus,could someone advise:
1. "HOW TO DEADHEAD" my HH? After the flower falls do I cut off the tiny stem HALF-WAY that joins to the Larger stalks or do I cut off the ENTIRE tiny stem that held the flower and is attached to the larger stalk?
2. WHEN Do I fertilize? Before, during, after Bloom? Please advise so i know How to care for these beauties.
Thanks! Maudie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here