Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indylars

Dead Heading and getting rebloom on Hardy Hibiscus

indylars
16 years ago

I was wandering if I cut back all the seedheads if I will get a decent reblooming? Should I also fertilize too? Would Rosetone be ok?

Comments (5)

• paulallen
    16 years ago

Deadheading works for me. My Disco Belle/Southern Belle hibiscus bloom for about four to six weeks, depending upon the warmth of the season. The ROS bloom far longer. Good luck.

• hitexplanter
    16 years ago

Deadheading help and they are heavy feeders so rosetone or several other types of fert will also help.
    Happy Growing David

• dodger41
    16 years ago

I have 3 hardy hibiscus that are 5-6 years old. This july they
    all bloomed for about 2-3 weeks. Since the I get lots of buds but the dry up and turn in to brown seed pods. None of them have and blossums for over a month. What happen??? I live in central Illinois. Last year they did the same thing. Early flower, then just seed pods.

• paulallen
    16 years ago

How often do you water after they bloom? Are your summers very, very hot? Hibiscus need a ton of water during the hot summer days. Do you mulch? That helps. Good luck.

• maude8
    15 years ago

Since I'm new to hardy hibiscus,could someone advise:
    1. "HOW TO DEADHEAD" my HH? After the flower falls do I cut off the tiny stem HALF-WAY that joins to the Larger stalks or do I cut off the ENTIRE tiny stem that held the flower and is attached to the larger stalk?
    2. WHEN Do I fertilize? Before, during, after Bloom? Please advise so i know How to care for these beauties.
    Thanks! Maudie

Sponsored