Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cgcomeaux

Hibiscus not blooming

cgcomeaux
16 years ago

I have a hibiscus not sure what kind it is, but I have a picture. It is growing very well it was only about 2 feet tall when I planted it and now it is about 4 feet and its only been about 3 months. It is healthy nice waxy leaves, but no blooms at all. What can I do to make it bloom. I live in louisiana.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cgcomeaux/LargeHibiscus/photo#5094901356958484834

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments (2)

• User
    16 years ago

Have you tryed spraying it and feeding it with Miracle Grow?
    THey love Miracle grow fertilizer.
    Also, how many hours of sun does your plant get?
    Some plants will grow fine with only half day of sun, but it may take at least 6-8 hours of sun for them to bloom constantly.(just a thought).
    Spray it down with half strength miracle grow once a week(roots too) and see if it blooms for you.
    GOod Luck!

• cgcomeaux
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes I have been watering for about three weeks now with miracle gro every other day. And bloom burst once a week. Its very heathy looking but no blooms. It gets probably 4-6 hours of sun a day. It is ground planted, and my yadr is very limited. So if it needs more sun I would have have to prune it back and replant it in a pot and put it in full sun. Then I could put one that only requires 4-6 hours of sun back in the ground. Any recommendations on what kind I could get that thrives on 4-6 hours of sun?? Thank you so much for your advice.

Sponsored