Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ippymiss

Dinner plate!

ippymiss
14 years ago

Here are my dinnter plate in bloom. I have 12 more in blue, red and white.

spring growth

bloom

Comments (5)

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

oh that is a beautiful color!!! and just look how nice it came back! My first year I am growing them. Started seeds in the wintertime.

Lucy

• ippymiss
    Original Author
    14 years ago

picture's taken today.

• xineohpinakc
    14 years ago

Those are very pretty. I have some of those arriving here at anytime for fall plantings.

• ippymiss
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank You, I have no trouble starting from a piece of spring growth, but I do have trouble with the seeds.
    I just very carefully take a green shoot and transplant in the ground, water all summer and it does take. Even flowers the same year I put it in the ground. Last year I took 4 shoots and planted , they all flowered , this year the same plants took off with new 5 shoots and they all have at least 9 flowers on them. Not bad.

• ippymiss
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I do not have any seeds at this time, I may in the fall , once the buds start to dry. I usually do not dry the seeds out, I have a abundance of dinner plate in my yard, and most people aroudn here have never seen them. I have people stopping their cars at the bottom of my driveway and walking up to see what kind of flowers they are. And if they can have a start...lol I do not give anything out unless I have seeds in the fall. I dont like to mess with the plants in the summer when they are growing.
    I do know one day, someone will come by when I am not home and try to get something and ruin my plants.

Sponsored