Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merkity

Baby herd 2 months old

merkity
9 years ago

Just a quick shot of my current baby seedling batch, now 2 months old, and getting more regular fertilizer than my previous batch. they are very much in need of repotting at this stage. i think that is on the list today.

Comments (4)

• Gutzmek
    9 years ago

Looking good Merkity.
    Hybridizing tropical hibiscus is the most fun IMHO. Crossing plants, nurturing the seed, and then growing the plant to flower. Attached is the first bloom from a Red Riding Hood X Mandarin Wind cross. Nothing special about it, but to me, it is a "one of a kind"

Ed

• merkity
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey that's pretty cool for a seedling. I expect a lot of mine will be even more boring to start with considering the parent plants i am using. but even now i can't wait to see what kind of flowers i get from the seedlings i have going. the two oldest seedlings - one is the little copy of butterfly and the other i should find out in about a month or so as long as i don't lose the bud. guessing it may also be a copy of butterfly. (i suspect it was a self pollinated pod i found at disney one year)

• User
    9 years ago

Merkity,
    How's the herd? LOL
    Did you pot them up yet?
    I'm still waiting for my little ones to bloom, they get buds, and then the darn grasshopper things ear so much off, ugh. Still waiting, they are on there. LOL
    Will post pic if any of the blooms ever open up.

• merkity
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Butterfly4u -

both herds are doing well. I move the yearlings out front and repotted the lot of them about 20 or so, so far they are all looking pretty happy. the baby herd is also all repotted and furiously growing away. i will post an update when we hit the 3 month mark.

Sponsored