Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this a double hibiscus?

Posted by bbms88 Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 8, 10 at 13:53

I bought it from Lowes; due to most of the leaves turned yellow. I tried the coffee grounds idea, and voila!
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this a double hibiscus?

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 10, 10 at 22:34

looks like it.

o
RE: I found out

Thanks for your reply! I have since learned it most likely is an El Capitolo Sport, which is from the red El Capitolo. It is also called a Peach Poodle.

o

http://www.google.com/images?oe=UTF-8&gfns=1&q=picture+of+double+hibiscus&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=EQ5kTI22JYKB8gbX9aidCg&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQsAQwAA&biw=1152&bih=419

pictures don't support it

o

"I have since learned it most likely is an El Capitolo Sport, which is from the red El Capitolo. It is also called a Peach Poodle." I later figured out it most likely was not a double. Is that what you meant by,"pictures don't support it?" Support double or El Capitolo Sport?

o

Pictures from the search... check this out:

http://www.rozpat.net/Basics and Beyond.htm

o
RE:Thanks for the link!

I enjoyed reading about cuttings.

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 21:50

It looks like a crested single to me. Some folks refer to them as a teacup flower. I just call them beautiful. However, it is not a double to my eye.

o

Positivily a El Capitolo Sport. I have one just like it!
I Just LOVE Hibiscus! :)

o

Double or not I love them as the center comes out in the sun and returns in shade. Why it wouldn't be called a double I don't know, but it is much prettier than any "double" I have ever owned or enjoyed.
Thanks for the memories
Paul

o

Yes, it's an El Capitolo. We call it "Lion's Tail" down here in FL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here