Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first blooms of the summer!

Posted by ippymiss 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 14:27

Today my Hibiscus bloomed!
Looks fantastic and beautiful, I know tomorrow I will have tons of blooms.

It is about 6ft tall and 6ft wide!
Photobucket">.

Photobucket">.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first blooms of the summer!

How gorgeous!
I didn't know the hardy's got that big!
Worth the wait, wasn't it?

o

That is beautiful!! What is the name of this hibiscus?

Karen

o

I really do not know the name. My mom gave to me 2 years ago, and she didnt even know the name, it is now 3 years old. She always called it Dinner Plate...lol

I wish I knew someone that could look at it and tell me. We measured the blooms they are 14 inches across. I also had my hubby measure the bush. It is 7ft tall and wide. I was just off by a foot. I should have had him stand by it, he is 6'1.

Thanks all!

o

It is starting to grow again!. wow cant wait . Now I need to get some starts. Does anyone know If I can cut this plant in half and replant??

I do have a few starts I pulled a few weeks ago thriving in the ground.

o

It is absolutely beautiful. You said you had some starts. Would you be interested in a trade? I'd love to give it a try. Thanks

o

I would not know how to even ship the starts. It is now about 8 inches to a foot tall. When it just starts to sprout shoots off the old wood in the spring, I carefully take a dry shoot with the new start and just plant in the ground. I have about 6 new ones in the ground now. I am so afraid to actually cut this plant in half , but my mom said it will not hurt it acutally it would love it. Im trying to figure out how to post the new picts on here .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here