Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowerfond

Problem with my hibiscus blooms

flowerfond
16 years ago

Hi,

I am a newbie to gardening. I have had a "sundance" hibicus pot for a 6 months now, and the plant was doing great.It used it flower often and the size of the bloom was really quite big(average size was equivalent to the palm of a hand). But I went on a vacation and left the pot with a friend for a month. Once I got it back though the plant blooms pretty often, it did seem like it had issues because few of the leaves looked like they were eaten up and I found snails sticking on to a leaf.

It still produces on an average 3-5 blooms at a time the size of the bloom is really small and it does not even open up properly. Also I find that there are ants on the bloom.

I water my plant every night and it is in bright sunlight facing east. I live in Houston and the weather here is quite hot right now( average 95F). I feed my plant with miracle gro soluble food every 2 weeks. I don't know if this is due to the weather, or the plant has some infection. My friend warned me that her plants have some sort of a bug. If you think it is a bug how do I treat it? Thanks for taking the time to read my message.

I sincerely appreciate any advice you can give me to make my plant happier.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH