Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tcharles26

Luna Red Hibiscus

tcharles26
17 years ago

I have a luna red hibiscus that has grown its flowers for the summer and set seeds.

Has anyone grown these from seeds? How similar were the seedligns to the parent? Did they stay compact like Luna? Flower as well?

I realize this is a patented plant, but for the sake of argument lets say I'm not afraid ofthe plant police busting me for growing a couple plants from seed for my own use.

Comments (5)

• plantsofheaven
    17 years ago

Yes. It is not against the law to grow them from seeds. In some of my catalogs you can get the seeds to grow.Yes mine mostly looked like the parent and stayed compacted and flowered well. Hope this helps a little!
    Mike

• dreamer53
    17 years ago

Are there flower police????? I will be in big trouble! I collect seeds every yr!!!

• plantsofheaven
    17 years ago

There is certain ones like marajuana and I heard poppy seeds that are on bagels that are against the law to grow but luna red hibiscus is not one of them.
    Mike

• titanhockey02
    17 years ago

I am a rookie with the Luna Hibiscus... but I really want to get some seeds from mine... how will I know when/where the seeds are? Any tips?

Thanks,

Matt

• kengailp_hotmail_com
    16 years ago

Hi: I have 3 red luna hibiscus planted last year on the south side of my deck, problem is I have no growth on them, the root system of all 3 is still green so I left them thinking they would come along in time. I have 4 other varieties of these hibiscus, white, pink, 2 blush and they are almost 4 ft high. Any idea of what may be the problem with the red ones or should I just dig them out?