Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annie_1_2006

hibiscus flowering but very small blooms!

annie_1_2006
17 years ago

I've had my white hibiscus for 5 or 6 years and it just gets bigger and bigger and usually has blooms the size of small dinner plates. However, this year most of the blooms are opening to only the size of a small "horn." Does anybody know what might be causing this? Very few have opened full size. Also, something is eating the leaves until they look like lace. I have sprayed Immunox to try to help this.

Comments (7)

• genes
    17 years ago

From what I have read on hibiscus, regular pruning will help enlarge the blossoms. If a bush gets too big, the blooms will become smaller

• annie_1_2006
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you for your reply. I trim my hibiscus to the ground every autumn and with each summer, the entire plant gets bigger and the blooms have also been big ... but this summer they are very small. I don't understand?? ):

• gardeniarose
    17 years ago

If you've had a dry spell and then suddenly a lot of rain or watering, hibiscus can put out small blooms. Sometimes after a heavy rain, my hibiscus will open its blooms a couple of days early, and they will be pale and small.

• PRO
    art master
    3 years ago

I setach small hibiscus flower,10 mm

in kolhapur .his name I give rajashri.

digambar patil ,gokul shirgav,kolhapur.

• PRO
    art master
    3 years ago

• PRO
    art master
    3 years ago

Digambar patil kolhapur. 7972992399,9923355348.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner