Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need I.D. of Very Pale Pink Double Rose of Sharon?

Posted by suel41452 z6b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 28, 05 at 17:54

I never cared much for Rose of Sharon (sorry!!) until I saw this one in a neighborhood . I fell in love with it! It seems to have double blooms and is a very, very pale pink. Anyone know what it is called? The closest thing I haave found online that looks like it is called 'Paeoneflorum' (Hibiscus syriacus). Thanx for any info !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need I.D. of Very Pale Pink Double Rose of Sharon?

I don't know the name either but I think it is the same one I am looking for. someone her on the gw has a picture of it, and I fell in love with it. i have it saved on my comp but I don't know how to post pictures. I sure would love to know the name of myself and would love cuttings or a link to a place where I can order it. thanks, flora

o

Have you ruled out Hibiscus syriacus 'Blushing Bride'?

o

Here's a pic of my ROS "Blushing Bride". Is this the ROS you are looking for? If so, email me if you would like cuttings and/or seeds. I will be pruning and gathering fresh seeds later this fall.

Lynn

o

CHECK OUT THESE PHOTOS

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose of Sharon pics

o

Well, the mystery is solved! The Rose of Sharon I saw is definitely "Blushing Bride". I didn't think so at first because the photo on a nursery website was too dark pink, but subsequent photos emailed by you nice people have convinced me it is indeed "Blushing Bride". Thanks to everyone for their help!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here