Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No Flowers At All This Year

Posted by Love_the_Yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 05 at 20:49

I transplanted a two-year-old hibiscus in April. It recovered nicely and looks very healthy. It is in full sun except for shade in the very late part of the day. I have had NO blooms this summer - not a single one. The plant looks perfectly healthy, yet no flowers. What could the problem be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No Flowers At All This Year

It probably needs more time. It had to take time to regrow new feeder roots that were lost when it was transplanted and then had to start getting into a growth cycle. They bloom on new growth so that's what needed to happen. I bet it will start blooming very soon, assuming you had some new growth going on it since it was transplanted.

o
RE: No Flowers At All This Year

funny you should say that, Love the Yard... I live in the same area as you and haven't had any blooms myself for the past 2 months. they were freshly planted in march at about 1.5ft tall, and have grown taller than me by now (6ft)!

just today, i got some fertilizer that's supposedly designed for hibiscus and just applied it a few hours ago. i'll let you know if my experiment works, but maybe you should try applying some fertilizer too. it can't hurt, and it could be the solution to your bloomlessness (hopefully mine too!)

hope that helped!

Will

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here