Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rehabbingisgreen

Digging Large hibiscus (rose of sharon) out of the ground HELP

rehabbingisgreen
13 years ago

OK I am still debating what to do with the three rose of sharon trees that exist in the front yard. One is about 12 feet and has maybe 6 good sized trunks.

Has anyone had any experience digging such a size and any idea how large a root ball might be?

I can't really get a backhoe in there for a few reasons and I want to know if I decide to take them out if I really can. I have a couple bushes I'm currently trying to kill but it isn't happening.

I have seedlings everywhere to the point it's becoming stressful.

Comment (1)

• jroot
    13 years ago

If you want to have your ROS somewhere else in the garden, I find that it is easy to make cuttings. These could be planted where you want them to be. Then you could remove the original troublesome bush. IF you want to kill it, there are some herbicides out there that will certainly take care of it. Round up works wonders on killing the plant, as does straight javex.

When I was young, I recall my dad wanted to have the city remove a dying maple tree from the city boulevard, and they refused because it was not dead enough. A few copper nails worked wonders, and the next year they removed a completely dead tree, as he smiled from inside the house.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES