Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus 'Fireball'

Posted by dighappy z7 NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 05 at 23:12

This is my first year with this Hibiscus....although the beetles (or something!) chewed up most of its beautiful lace like leaves it still bloomed with these large lovely flowers. Hopefully, it will make it thru the winter to bloom again next year. It looks like it is trying to grow new leaves along the stem, is it possible that this Hib will bloom again before winter or is it a one time bloomer. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus 'Fireball'

If it is starting new growth that means it is trying. Most of my Texas Start and Kopper King are all ready to start thier second blooming on new growth. My older Fireball is doing the same but the young ones are taken their time about starting new growth. If they don't this year just wait until next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here