Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confederate Rose

Posted by ladebugz 9 (ladebugz47@yahoo.com) on
Wed, Sep 16, 09 at 7:34

Ive got a CR that is just flat out showing off this year. Loaded with blooms! Im curious though as to why its flowers are not changing colors. Others have, yet not this one. The blooms are huge and a rich pink. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confederate Rose

Hi,some of the confederate rose,do not change colors.I have a double pink,that does not change colors.I also have a pink,that does change colors.You have one that does not change colors.But isn't it real pretty.I just love mine.Hope that this helps.
Margaret

o
RE: Confederate Rose

Do you keep your CR in a low shrub form? I did not trim mine and I have stems about 6 feet tall, about 4 to 5 per plant (5 plants) and I would like suggestions on how to shape it next year. I will be cutting it down (how low?) and trading cuttings I hope. Are All Confederate roses pink?
Jackie in MS.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here