Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellykay_gw

White flies on hibiscus

kellykay
17 years ago

HELP!!! I live in houston,texas and have fourteen tropical Hibiscus under attack. Ive tried soap,oil,traps,vacumming,and worm castings nothing is working. For the last three months its been a war. They are located behind a moss rock gratto they recieve allot of sun and are watered daily. What else can I do and why are they picking on my Hibiscuses?

Thanks,

Kelly

Comments (2)

• silviah
    17 years ago

I know the feeling! Down here in Pearland, it's been a constant struggle all season! White flies, every kind of aphid imaginable, stink bugs, you name it I've got it. The weird part is nothing helps!I don't want to use chemicals so I'm pruning off areas and waiting for a COLD winter. Good Luck!

• tsmith2579
    17 years ago

Crush and chop 3 cloves of garlic. Put in a gallon jug and let it sit in the sun several (at least 5) days. Strain the water through a pair of old panty hose or a coffee filter will do. Add a few drops of Dawn dishwshing liquid. Spray late in the afternoon after the heat of the day. Spray plants with water the next morning before sun gets too hot and bright.

Sponsored