Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
graver_gw

hibiscus' vandelized....please help

graver
9 years ago

Ok....long story short....I had 3 hibuscus plants out front in large pots, 2 tropical about 3' in heigth and one bush about 16" in height. 8 days ago the neighborhood kids decided to rip them out of the pots and smash them. When I awoke to this mess I now only have the bush and one tropical.... at 5 in the a.m. I quickly re potted them and watered them. Now 8 days later they are not looking to hot, droopy leaves and some yellow. They do not look the best but have since formed new buds and bloomed a few beautiful flowers. My question, is this a sign of life? Are they salvagable? What can I do to make them happy again??? Thank you in advance for any help

Comments (5)

• merkity
    9 years ago

that is just awful! hopefully they are just in shock - try a little vitamin b1 for plants, partial shade and don't over water. give it a few weeks and see how they look...

• kathi_mdgd
    9 years ago

What brats,find them and knock the sh** out of them.Just kidding,but that would be my first thought,and just a thought!!

I think they'll make a comeback,it may take patience for awhile,but i think you'll be ok.I grow a lot of different types of hibiscus,and i find them to be very hardy.

Good luck and come back and let us know how they are doing.
    Kathi

• User
    9 years ago

Graver,
    So sorry to hear you have such nasty kids in your neighborhood.
    I hope they are ok for you, at least they are putting buds out, so it looks like they will be fine.
    Looks like you will have to hide them out back of your house, I hope you have a spot for them that noone will be able to see.

• IvoryCirce
    9 years ago

:(
    This makes me so sad. Hope they recover! Heaven help the kid that tries to come and smash my Hibiscus..

This post was edited by IvoryCirce on Fri, Sep 26, 14 at 21:08

• Lars
    9 years ago

Put pots of cactus around the hibiscus - that's what I did to discourage kids when I lived in Venice, to block the entrance to my front yard. There don't seem to be many children where I live now - some across the street, but they stay across the street. Where I live the Jr & Sr high schools are bad, and so people move when their children become teenagers.

If you have salvageable branches, you might get them to root.

Lars

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH