Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
titanhockey02_gw

Is something wrong with my Luna?

titanhockey02
17 years ago

I planted a luna hibiscus I bought from a store about 2 weeks ago, and everyday it is looking more and more drab. I water it and until now it seems to be doing nothing for it. The same day, I planted another luna about 5 feet from this one and I have not had to water that one since. (We've had a lot of rain) Could something be wrong with this other one? Disease? Should I take it back and get a new one this year before it's too late to get a nice one? What do you guys think?

Thanks and God Bless,

Matt

Comments (2)

• jardinerowa
    17 years ago

Hey Matt,

I may have had the same problem. A month ago I planted a Luna and every day it looked more like it was going to die. The leaves would discolor, and the stem even turned red. I know that they LOVE lots of water so I just kept watering more and more and while the leaves aren't perfect, it's blooming now and is a show-stopper.
    They seem to not like to be transplanted. I don't know why you're other Luna is doing better though.

J

• titanhockey02
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am thinking that I might just take it out tomorrow and take it back to the store. I went out today and half of it was almost completely dead and the other half looked better. I'll give it today and hopefully the other half will turn around and I'll be able to keep it... but if not, I think I'll take it back and get a new one so that it can establish itself before winter rolls around. Thanks for the info

God Bless,
    Matt