Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeds for next year...

Posted by Gutzmek none (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 27, 12 at 22:52

I have been collecting various seeds through various methods for use next spring. The majority of seeds are hardy RoS or swamp mallow. The tropical seeds are plants I am specifically looking to create. I will say that I have more of an affinity towards 'singles', so be understanding. If you are looking for a specific variety, email me. I will see what I can do to assist.
Ed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeds for next year...

Love to see some images of your plants Ed.

Darren

o

o

It seems my servers downstairs is upset. Here is a start.
Ed

o

RRH

o

Over winter start...

o

Very nice. Got a good start for the winter too.

Darren

o

nice! i have one similar to that orange one, but can't remember the name it was sold under...

o

The first is a Dupont 'Tangerine Mist' I think. The second is also a Dupont, "Red Riding Hood". Both are the wife's plants. I prefer the more unusual cultivars like my "Voodoo Magic", "Gabriel", and "Fifth Dimension". I can upload more images including the completed indoor living area for the winter. "Red Dragon" is on my wish list for sure. Merkity, be patient with the HVH forum. It took me several months to receive my user name and password. I am a programmer by trade, but prefer working on other items. I have a site started for Midwest collectors, but can not find the time to sit and work on it. Your lucky with SF. My parents have a house in Novato that my deceased grandmother left. She had a 40+ year old "White Wings" hibiscus cultivar there that is still doing well.

o

Love to see your Voodoo Magic and others! Interesting how you condsider plants a special part of your family. Recently I had that conversation with my MIL and was told that I had to be sure to get cuttings from my sister in law as she has plants that are probably 20 or 30plus years old.

Darren

o

thanks for the heads up on the HVH forum! - that will help my non existant patience level a bit. I do like the voodoo magic and the fifth dimension - have to wait awhile before adding to my small collection though. I happened across a white one this weekend - bridal veil, but the plant is not in bud right now, so have to wait to see what it looks like.

o

Ed,
I'm looking for a purple bloom colored hibiscus, do you have any?

o

Not sure what color purple you are looking for.

o

I'm new to the whole gardening thing, I just picked it up last year and I don't seem to be having any luck in breeding, so I can have some seeds to trade. I really want to try this how long does it take to see if there is a seed pod forming?

This post was edited by Hibiscus_0bsessed on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 14:50

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here