Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gutzmek

Seeds for next year...

Gutzmek
11 years ago

I have been collecting various seeds through various methods for use next spring. The majority of seeds are hardy RoS or swamp mallow. The tropical seeds are plants I am specifically looking to create. I will say that I have more of an affinity towards 'singles', so be understanding. If you are looking for a specific variety, email me. I will see what I can do to assist.

Ed

Comments (13)

• RetiredFlorida
    11 years ago

Love to see some images of your plants Ed.

Darren

• Gutzmek
    Original Author
    11 years ago
  • Gutzmek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It seems my servers downstairs is upset. Here is a start.
    Ed

• Gutzmek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

RRH

• Gutzmek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Over winter start...

• RetiredFlorida
    11 years ago

Very nice. Got a good start for the winter too.

Darren

• merkity
    11 years ago

nice! i have one similar to that orange one, but can't remember the name it was sold under...

• Gutzmek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The first is a Dupont 'Tangerine Mist' I think. The second is also a Dupont, "Red Riding Hood". Both are the wife's plants. I prefer the more unusual cultivars like my "Voodoo Magic", "Gabriel", and "Fifth Dimension". I can upload more images including the completed indoor living area for the winter. "Red Dragon" is on my wish list for sure. Merkity, be patient with the HVH forum. It took me several months to receive my user name and password. I am a programmer by trade, but prefer working on other items. I have a site started for Midwest collectors, but can not find the time to sit and work on it. Your lucky with SF. My parents have a house in Novato that my deceased grandmother left. She had a 40+ year old "White Wings" hibiscus cultivar there that is still doing well.

• RetiredFlorida
    11 years ago

Love to see your Voodoo Magic and others! Interesting how you condsider plants a special part of your family. Recently I had that conversation with my MIL and was told that I had to be sure to get cuttings from my sister in law as she has plants that are probably 20 or 30plus years old.

Darren

• merkity
    11 years ago

thanks for the heads up on the HVH forum! - that will help my non existant patience level a bit. I do like the voodoo magic and the fifth dimension - have to wait awhile before adding to my small collection though. I happened across a white one this weekend - bridal veil, but the plant is not in bud right now, so have to wait to see what it looks like.

• Hibiscus_0bsessed
    11 years ago

Ed,
    I'm looking for a purple bloom colored hibiscus, do you have any?

• wally_1936
    11 years ago

Not sure what color purple you are looking for.

• Hibiscus_0bsessed
    11 years ago

I'm new to the whole gardening thing, I just picked it up last year and I don't seem to be having any luck in breeding, so I can have some seeds to trade. I really want to try this how long does it take to see if there is a seed pod forming?

This post was edited by Hibiscus_0bsessed on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 14:50

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting