Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ever blooming Hibiscus

Posted by handymandy-gardener 3 Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 8:45

I have three Hibiscus two of them are supposed to be standards,

My problem is pruning (Which I have never done)they are are all five years old and becoming straggly and skinny,but ther are all continuous bloomers all summer and all through the winter,they are so pretty all winter in doors that I do not wist to harm them

Any Suggestions would really be appreciated

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ever blooming Hibiscus

Hibiscus are NOT easily hurt by pruning. While probably not the best time to prune, it can be done. The plants will resprout and bloom, but may take a few months to get back in their "groove" and bloom. Give them plenty of sun for best results.

o

Hi handymandy-gardener , Can you post some pictures?
Thank you, Tina

o

Think on the good side when you prune you will have all those extras to start new plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here