Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
comop_gw

Looking for Double Hibiscus Cutting

comop
11 years ago

Hi,

I can't seem to find a red double hibiscus for sale anywhere. If anyone has it and would not mind sending me a cutting, please let me know. Also let me know if you come across a place that sells them. Thanks.

Here is my trade list:

http://www.gardenweb.com/members/exch/comop

Comments (8)

• shuffles_gw
    11 years ago

I have Untamed Heart, very double and very red. Some of the photos I've seen on the web are much less so. If you can't find plants, I could send you a stick.

Here is a link that might be useful: Untamed Heart

• RetiredFlorida
    11 years ago

I have seen a couple in town, blooming so beautifully now. I've been thinking of trying to get some cuttings but I have no clue how I would prepare one to send. I have a double orange that is a very healthy plant.

Darren

• merkity
    11 years ago

that looks like mine - unfortunately it is not a healthy plant right now - it has a major infestation pests i am trying to get rid of. the flowers aren't that big though only about 4-5 inches or so.

• hermie3rd
    10 years ago

Hi Comop,

I think I may have the hibiscus you are looking for. It is a plant produced from a cutting from my grandmother's plant, which is approximately 50 years old. I know this post is old, but if you are still interested, let me know!

I'm including a pic of it, so you can see if that is what you are looking for (if you still need it).

• Devi.S
    10 years ago

Hello Hermie3rd,
    Iam interested in this double hibiscus. I grow Jasmines and a few hibiscus plants. Please let me know .Thanks.
    Lakshmi.

• hermie3rd
    10 years ago

Hi Lakshmi,

I would be happy to provide you with some cuttings. I'm not sure the best way to send them to you - should I dip them in rooting hormone, or just wrap them in wet paper towels and send them to you?

If you would be willing to trade, that would be great! Can you be more specific on what types of jasmine and hibiscus plants you have?

Thanks!
    Renee

• Devi.S
    10 years ago

Thanks Renee for the offer. I have sent email to you. When you find time, please respond .
    Best regards,
    Lakshmi.

• hermie3rd
    10 years ago

Lakshmi - I never received your email. I sent you an email from here, telling you that, but then realized there may be something wrong with the GF emailing system. Can you please resend it to my hotmail account that is listed on here?

Thanks!
    Renee

Sponsored