Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atxnick30

Half of my twisted Hibiscus tree seems dead

atxnick30
14 years ago

I have had a twisted Hibiscus tree for about 6 months now and half of it seems to be doing great. The good half (2 of the 4 twists) have great leaves and its even still budding flowers. The other half seems to be dead. Its not from moving it indoors or out because it has been potted outdoors for all summer long. When I scratch the stems bark it seems to be dry but when I cut them 1/3 back they seem to have green life in them. Is there any fertilizer or home remedies I can try to revive it with. Should I just trim that half out of the twist? Thanks for the help.

Comment (1)

• summerbreezes
    14 years ago

Well thats a very interesting situation...is anything you know of disturbing part of the root system that u can see??

Its only a thought mind you but thats where id begin to check..a plant is usually almost able to fight anything unless its roots are damaged or being attacked. In which case if thats the situation and u may have some sort or mealy grub id loosen some of the soil AFTER visually checking and see or just give it some sort of good ROOT building food. I WOULDNT start cutting out...not just yet..
    This is ONLY MY opinion and as i said a interesting dilema of which im not really sure with all certainty on telling u what to do for sure but thats where ID start, also have u had any mole problems...cuz to me this really sounds like a root system prob...GOOD LUCK

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH