Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bruggirl100

My red Luna is blooming!

bruggirl100
18 years ago

And boy, is it gorgeous! Bad part is a lubber has taken a liking to it, and is eating the flowers!

I'm gonna catch him and squish him!

My "Blush" Luna was neglected this past summer, and is just starting to come out well after being repotted. Hopefully, it will bloom also, and I can cross the two and get seeds.

Comments (3)

• cathys1951
    18 years ago

Do you have a picture, don't know that I have ever seen this one before. If you don't know how to post a picture email me at cathysteve98@gmail.com and I will send the directions.
    Here is a plant that I was told is in the Hibiscus family do you know what it is.

• GardenKiwi
    18 years ago

I am new to growing hibiscus and have gained several varieties - among which are the Luna Red and Luna Blush. My hibiscus didn't get very tall this year - about 2.5 feet tall was all - so I am anxious to see them in the summer of 2006.

I am including a link that shows the blooms of some of those that I grew. I found three more Luna Blush on sale for $1.99 each a month ago - I grabbed them quickly! They didn't look too great but I hope they look terrific next summer! I am looking to find others who grow hibiscus in SW Michigan as I can use all the encouragement I can get with these beauties!

Cheers - Kiwi in Kalamazoo

Here is a link that might be useful: FLOWERS 2005

• njoynit
    18 years ago

I like the color of your luna....your fireball looks different from mine.is that its actual color?or is it maybe grown from seed?.I got mine as a plant from fleming nursey in KA.it was a small 4 inch plant in a small pot in march.It started blooming in sept.

there are a few photos in my gardening 2005 albulm.

Here is a link that might be useful: gardening 2005 albulm

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH