Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing Hibiscus in Ensenada, Mexico

Posted by alonzo9425 none (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 18, 13 at 14:35

I have been growing Chinese Hibiscus now for almost 40 years. I recently moved to Ensenada, Mexico and have found over 20 new plants that I have been able to obtain cuttings from. I am having problems with the plants growing well and starting to bloom beautifully and then suddenly dropping leaves and buds and almost dying. What is happening? Is it because the weather here in Ensenada is too cool for them to grow well. My plants when I lived in Kansas and Missouri grew and bloomed so much better without these types of problems.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing Hibiscus in Ensenada, Mexico

Alonza9425,
My suggestion is you get back to fundamentals. You obviously have a different environment. Is the soil different, the humidity, the nutrients? Could pests be involved? I would look at these items first.
Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here