Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
siliwabit

cutting back and moving

siliwabit
17 years ago

I have two very large hibscus plants I would like to move to an area where they will get more sun, question is when is the best time to cut them back and move them? Should I cut them back and wait a week or so before moving them? Should I not cut them back before moving them? Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance. Kimi

Comments (2)

• birdsnblooms
    17 years ago

Kimi, the best time to move Hibs indoors is when the temps dip in the low 50's. There's no reason to prune unless you have it's required for space, or stems are far and between leaves. If either reason is the case, I'd cut back now..Since Hibs bloom throughout the yr, pruning can interfer w/flowering, but since Hibs bloom more in summer, now would be an ideal time..Toni

• salishan
    17 years ago

hello all, hoping someone can give me advice about digging up a hibiscus plant so i can move it. she started off as a small hibby in a little plastic pot and i planted her and now she is a lovely 3 foot tall by 2 foot wide blooming plant. her flowers are the colour of tangerine. i am moving now and hate to leave her behind. any advice? thanks

Sponsored