Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michellesg_gw

Triple Pink Confederate Rose

michellesg
16 years ago

This past April I received a triple Confederate Rose at our local plant swap (thank you Patty!). I had never seen one so I did not know what a gem I had. It bloomed today and I am so amazed, it's beautiful!!

Comments (5)

• hibsicus
    16 years ago

Hi, it looks like my double pink confederate rose,and they are so pretty.I also have a double white,that someone gave me,last year,and then later in the day,turns light pink,so pretty.No seeds so far,the blooms,have fallen off,but do have other buds.The double confederate rose are so pretty.If you want more seeds, I have plenty,also single white.

Margaret

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

In Alabama we call it a double but they are beautiful, aren't they. Don't worry with collecting seeds. These things root way too easily. Cut off mature limbs and cut them into 12 -16 inch pieces. Stick them into a pot of moist soil and put them in a warm place with light. Keep moist and warm. Pretty soon you will have new leaves and by spring you will have very, very tender roots. Turn the pot on its side and squirt water into the pot to wash away the dirt. Transplant, water, fertilize and stand back. There are also single white and single deep pink varieties which bloom all summer. I have the double white-to-pink, double pink and single dark pink.

• sewnmom7
    16 years ago

michell, don't ya just love this flower. i've had mine 3 yrs. now,love it more each yr.where do you live, your dirt looks so dark & rich.enjoy ,molly

• michellesg
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I do love it, almost more than my roses (shh, don't tell anyone on the rose forums). I'm in San Antonio hill country where all the dirt is 1" of clay leading to solid rock. What you're looking at is wet mulch, very deceiving!

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

Margaret, I'm in McComb, Mississippi, and I would love to have some seeds. This is my first year to grow a hibiscus, and I'm ignorant. Can I save my dinner plate size hibiscus by putting in the back of my open air garage and do I cut it back?

Jim

Sponsored