Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drgulley_gw

Anyone heard of Exotic Party Time Hibiscus?

drgulley
13 years ago

I am wanting to replace the one I lost last winter. Does anyone know of a source for this one? It was beautiful and I can't find it anywhere. I bought mine from a place in Austin, TX and they didn't get any this year and they aren't sure if they will ever get this kind in again. Here are some pictures of mine. It had multicolored blooms all on the same plant.

Dianne

Comments (16)

• wally_1936
    13 years ago

The first one Now that is beautiful but so far I haven't seen it down our way but the second one should be easy to find. At least they are around my area quite often.
    Paul

• drgulley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Paul,

Believe it or not these blooms are on the same plant. I guess that's why they named it Exotic Party Time.

Dianne

• riograndegal
    13 years ago

Oh Dianne that is so pretty I would love to have that one myself. I have many tropical hibiscus, but that escapes me. I will try searching for it. Josie

• dirtygardener73
    13 years ago

Sounds like an unstable variety they may have discontinued.

• drgulley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was able to find out that this particular variety was purchased from Oso Growers out of Corpus Christi TX. This company only deals with wholesale and does not sell to individuals. I may try calling them this week to see if they may be able to tell me some of the businesses they have sold to this year. Wish me luck!

Dianne

• figara
    13 years ago

Good luck and if you find a source let me know.
    Pat

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Dianne

Have you tried taking cuttings and rooting them?
    I am in central Tx also. I would love to get my hands on a couple of cuttings to try rooting. I dont care if it is a stable variety or not. Some say that I'm unstable too.
    contact me and we will see about a trade if you are game for it.
    pa

• drgulley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was able to get in touch with the grower and they suggested that I call the place I bought it from in late February to see if they can order some more of these. So that is what I plan on doing. If I have any luck getting one I will be sure to post here and let you know. I know for people in TX that would be helpful but I am not sure if the nursery would ship for those interested outside of TX but I would be willing to send a few cuttings out to those that were really interested. Maybe set up some type of trade.

PA, what a coincendence!!!! I live in Belton too. I would be happy to give you cuttings but I lost the whole plant last winter. As you know, we had a lot colder and wetter winter here in TX than usual.

Dianne

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Dianne,
    Sorry to hear that you lost it. I have several different tropicals that must be cut back. I will gladly share.
    pa

• drgulley
    Original Author
    13 years ago

PA,

Thank you so much for the cuttings. It was so nice to meet you and your wife. I will be getting back with you this week on the daylilies.

Dianne

• princealbert
    13 years ago

Dianne,
    It was great to meet you too.
    We are looking forward to the day lillies.
    pa

• drgulley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi Sandy! Thanks for the reply. Yes, the plant I had looked like it was two different hibiscus grafted onto the same plant. I am going to message you. :)

• drgulley
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sandy, I don't see the option to message you. Please let me know how we can get in touch.

• sandyfeat
    5 years ago

My apologies. Would you believe I ran across your message 2 years later? My hibiscus is still doing well. In fact, I am wanting to propagate it bc I would be sad if I ever lost it. Not sure how communication works on this site, but I am on FB & messenger if you want to contact me. Sandy Tremaine. I'm also in Texas, btw.

• drgulley
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Sandy! Thanks for getting back to me. I sent a message to you on Facebook. I hope I sent it to the right Sandy. :) Please let me know.

Sponsored