Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

Help! Plz! Need Answer Quickly! Plz!

daniellalell
14 years ago

I have 2 beautiful NOID Trop Hibs. I am in zone 7 central Jersey. I will have to be bringing them in this week, but I dont have room to keep them going over winter. I want to put them in the cool basement by a southern window. Kinda have them semi-dormant? The basement doesnt go below freezing.

Do you all think they will be OK like that? I really do not want to lose these..any ideas on what I can do to keep these guys alive through winter would be greatly appreciated.

And another question is...Before I put them down there can I prune them to save space so they both will fit OK in front of the window, or should I wait till spring to prune?

TIA,

Daniella

Comments (5)

• summerbreezes
    14 years ago

Plenty of post in here on wintering and they should be just fine...they will lose their leaves but thats to be expected and dont water as much as u normally would. Id wait till most of the leaves drop then prune back seeing how they will be inside. Check out all the other postings regarding wintering in here...you should be fine.

• june70
    14 years ago

can anyone tell me why my cajun hibiscus is not blooming? It get's plenty of buds but all fall off before they can bloom.

• june70
    14 years ago

does anyone have an answer to my question, which is "why do the buds of my cajun hibiscus fall off befor they bloom?" It get's plenty of buds on it. Thanks for any input.

• daniellalell
    Original Author
    14 years ago

June, you'd be better off starting your own thread if you want an answer.

• sharbear50
    14 years ago

Go to the Florida Gardening forum and look at the posts there. They have good info on this.

Sponsored