Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tennesseemom_gw

Where can I buy Roses of Sharon???

tennesseemom
16 years ago

I went everywhere no one has themhere and I know they would do great in my hot warm sunny spot I have planned for them.

Are there any online nurseries that has them in a pot not seeds or a bare root? i would like something established. I am in Tennessee

thanks.

melissa

Comments (8)

• tsmith2579
    16 years ago

Home Depot and Lowe's always has them, even through the winter.

• Vicki
    16 years ago

Lowe's and HD may have them even in the winter, but further up the zones they sure don't. I would suggest Bluestone Perennials or Lazy S's Farm and Nursery. Both are rated well at Dave's Garden site and send me healthy plants that thrive well. You may have to wait til spring at this point for shipping.

• paul_
    16 years ago

If waiting for spring, you could also see if anyone on the forum has them for trade/sale at that time. I know I've been routinely ripping out seedlings at my folks' place and at my sister's. I'm sure others would have some for ya

:)

• tennesseemom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i did. no one responded

• User
    16 years ago

There is a great Ebay seller that has them, they are a regular nursery, just check on the Ebay site and put in ROse of Sharon. Also, Greenwood Nursery online has them, they have quality plants that aren't real small.
    They are generally over their blooming for this year though.
    If you do wait til spring, still check out the above suggestions.
    By the way, Blue satin is gorgeous! I bought mine from the Ebay seller in June and it grew and bloomed up a storm this year. True blue flower. Google Blue satin Rose of Sharon to see a pic. The ebay nursery sells Proven Winners brand plants. Good Luck!

• tennesseemom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

what is the name of the ebay seller? Please email me here, Just click on my name.

• User
    16 years ago

Here is the link at the bottom of this post.
    I love the Satin Brand Rose of Sharon. Go to Shrubs, they are on the 2nd page.
    I have Blue Satin, Violet Satin and Lavender CHiffon.
    I think the color is prettier on the Satin variety and the foliage is darker green.
    Next year they will put on alot of new growth for you, they are vigourous growers, so don't plant them too close, unless you want a hedge.

Here is a link that might be useful: Good Nursery for Rose of Sharon

• ptfarmer
    16 years ago

Melissa,

There are currently white ROS seeds being offered in the seed exchange forum.

Brian

Sponsored