Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calik8

my only hibuscus (picture)

calik8
18 years ago

I only have one, and I can't remeber what it's called, but today I found this flower on it and it's nine inches across!

Comments (12)

• mgood4u
    18 years ago

Gorgeous!

• calik8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I found the tag:
    "Hines nursery, assorted chinese tropical hibuscus"

• MalaysiaFlowers
    18 years ago

Calik, where do you find the tag for your hibiscus? I have many that needs to be identified. This is the best i've got.

• calik8
    Original Author
    18 years ago

On the plant!
    :)

• meixue
    18 years ago

That is really nice and large too. Where is hines nursery? In texas? I'd like to see their selection.
    Meixue

• potemup
    18 years ago

Hines is a California grower. For a listing of their hibiscus, go to the link below - Click on Gardeners, then Hines Plant Guide, then put hibiscus in the Botanical Name (in the Search By Name section) and click search. They show about 150 (Hardy & Tropical)

Here is a link that might be useful: Hines Horticulture

• flowerstreet
    18 years ago

It looks like hibiscus rosa sinensis-'Cherie'
    I have that one from Hines, It is in pot, I bring it inside in winter where it looses all its leaves and looks dead, but comes back when I move it outside in spring. You are so lucky to leave it outside! Not warm enough here.
    Beautiful picture!

• dedith
    18 years ago

I have a standard hibiscus. Can anyone help me identify this one. I forgot to save the tag so I don't know its name. It is a real bloomer.
    {{gwi:900485}}

• roxy77
    18 years ago

Holy Moly Dedith that's just georgous. I have no idea what it is, but I need one now!

Someone must know......

• dedith
    18 years ago

Thanks, Roxy. It really bugs me to not know the name of this hibiscus. Then my brain told me to go over my check register for all of 2005, and listed all 7 nurseries I bought plants from and called each one to find out who sells standard hibiscus in 2005 from Brecks to Wayside. Of course, it would be the last one, Wayside. I went to their website and found they have a standard hibiscus item #47125. This is exactly what I remember buying from them. It is Rose of Sharon Blue Bird. I planted this in June 2005 in a large container and in the summer, they bloomed non-stop, one after the other as I deadhead each spent bloom. Place it in full sun, moist soil but not soggy.

• potemup
    18 years ago

The hibiscus above looks like it could be Hybiscus syriacus 'Blue Satin.'

Here is a link that might be useful: Google images

• malinis
    16 years ago

Hello calik8
    i love the hibiscus. It is simply gorgeous. I was wondering if you have any cuttings to spare, please. What is the name of the hibiscus.
    i am unable to send email , the page is not being displayed. my email is tomalini@gmail.com
    Let me know. thanks for you time. Malini.

Sponsored