Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
retiredflorida

What is your prize or favorite plant?

RetiredFlorida
11 years ago

To date, so far my favorite hibiscus "in my yard" is the Hula Girl. Everyday and most nights when I walk out my front door I see this huge, glowing, radiant beauty.

Since putting my little plant in the ground it has bloomed just about everyday, often with more than one bloom.

Comments (3)

• Gutzmek
    11 years ago

"Sunny Wind". Its a Tradewinds hybrid that produces daily flowers. The beast is stuck in this tiny 6" pot and keeps producing. Had 3 blooms this morning with another 4 set to open in the next 12 hours. Guess I'll upgrade its home this winter.
    Ed

• merkity
    11 years ago

So far Hula Girl - but I am hoping like crazy I get to see a bloom from my The Path - but the weather has finally turned and my plants are about to go into their winter dormancy mode. its kinda neat to see. the plant simply stops growing everything - but last year the leaves stayed on and a couple of the flower buds stayed all winter. bloomed quite different than normal for the plant when it finally started growing again.

• RetiredFlorida
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ed, Sunny Wind is extremely similar to the Hula Girl. I really had to look to see the differences in the blooms. Beautiful flower.

Will post pics later after I get back inside.

Darren