Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gutzmek

This Means War!!

Gutzmek
11 years ago

Obviously, these spider mites have no idea they are starting to mess with a Marine. Failure is not an option at this point, and I will be victorious. I spent the day pruning and drowning the little SOBs. And the attacks will be relentless until victory is achieved. I tried to move the 'friendly' insects, but collateral damage is acceptable. Mark my words mites, your days are numbered.

Sorry, I needed to vent.

Ed

Comments (3)

• RetiredFlorida
    11 years ago

Heh, sorry you're having problems Ed. I felt the same way until I started to use the systemic spray. I was afraid the spray would detract from attracting butterflies but from what I've seen that only last a day or two after the plants are sprayed.

Being that the plants are indoors now, I'm thinking your wife wouldn't have a problem with collateral damage ;-) Good luck with your battle!

Darren

• kayjones
    11 years ago

Yes - good luck with your battle! If you think YOU have mite problems, you should live in Florida - battling mites is a way of life for us!!! LOL

• Gutzmek
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Operation Crystal Water was a success. The enemy has been neutralized and there is not a yellow leaf in site. Collateral damage was minimized by a simple temporary relocation.
    Friendly casualties - 0%
    Civilian casualties - 0% to unknown
    Enemy combatants - at least 90% or more.
    Note to self, although the method was tedious, the enemy was eliminated with little environmental impact. Will recommend to others.
    Again venting (or gloating).
    Ed