Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confederate Rose

Posted by ladebugz 9 (ladebugz47@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Nov 20, 09 at 8:50

Im wondering how many types of CR there are. This year in my garden I was amazed to ID three already.
1. Big fluffy flowers that go from pink to pinker to pinkest..lol, (like the pic on forum page)
2. Single standard hibiscus flower that goes from white-pink-dark pink (red)
3. Double that has same color change as #2
#1 really showed off this year. Literally dozens of blooms everyday. When they fell off you could hear them "thump". I'd gladly share some cuttings if someone could share some information on these. Thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confederate Rose

I am aware of these 6 varieties:
Single white which turns pink
Single deep pink name Rubra or Rubrum
Single light pink which get darker (available from Plant Delights)
Double white which turns pink
Double pink which gets darker
Double pink variety called "Alma's Star". It supposed blooms pink with five blooms at the same time and will last as a cut flower for several days. Google Alma's Star for availability.
I believe there is a variation of the double pink because I see one nearby which blooms in August while mine doesn't bloom until mid-September.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here