Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How far apart do you space them? How big do you let...

Posted by rsieminski 9b (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 05 at 10:02

I have some that I have planted on 3' centers, and others that are stand alones. I let the stand alones get huge. 7-8' high and 5-6' wide.

I am wondering now if the newly planted ones are too close.

How far apart do you space them? How big do you let them get?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How far apart do you space them? How big do you let...

Well..if you trim the huge ones they will be shrubbyier.If were planted close I imagine could grow as hedge if that was an a idea.They all grow a lil different and also depends on the soil.the richer& moisture the better it is.
I don't have any grown together,but have thought about it.I have a few stand alones,but most are like a backbone stuck here& here& there.I had one grow 10 ft this year....and next year I'll keep that one shrubby.The 1st yr hubby "accidently" topped it in half when it was just reaching 2 ft.I actually liked the way it grew that way better.It had alot more flowers,but we were dryer this year also.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here