Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenspice

Favorite Mail Order for Tropical Hibiscus

gardenspice
18 years ago

Could I get your feedback on good places to order a Hibiscus from?

I checked garden Watch Dog, but the feedback is pretty mixed.

(One company I was considering actually posted a postive comment for themselves - oops! I guess they did not realize their user names shows.)

I want to get a fun, unusual hibiscus for my stepmom and while I have routinely ordered seeds, I don't often order live plants.

All suggestions and warnings welcome!

Comments (8)

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

I get mine from Exotic Hibiscus (www.exotichibiscus.com) and love 'em.
    Very reliable, keep in touch. Great plants.
    Barb

• gardenspice
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Barb - Thanks - I have them bookmarked and was considering them. It is good to get your recommendation.

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

And if you're a member of the American Hibscus Society, you'll get a discount.
    Makes it even MORE tempting to buy...and buy....
    Barb

• barbaramcdonnell
    18 years ago

I'm trying to find a Confederate Rose hibiscus - double
    flowered variety - for my daughter who lives in Ft. Myers, FL. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• cathys1951
    18 years ago

I have lots of seeds for the double confederate rose and getting some cutting this weekend. Would send you some of each.
    Cathy

• MalaysiaFlowers
    18 years ago

You can check out www.naturehills.com
    They seem to have variety of flowers on sale. If you did make a purchase, let me know how's their service and delivery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Malaysia Flowers

• THOR, Son of ODIN
    17 years ago

Barb,
    Thank you for the tip on exotichibiscus. Their plants are beautiful and healthy! (Don't worry, they will come inside for our long Wisconsin winter. I just need a tropical fix now and then.)

-Lena

• highalttransplant
    17 years ago

I just ordered a couple of Rose of Sharon's from Springhill's, but they aren't scheduled to ship for a couple more weeks. Those are considered Hardy Hibiscus though, aren't they? Anyway I can let you know how their service is when I get them.

Sponsored
Designing Beautiful, Sustainable Homes in Columbus