Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will these cuttings be ok?

Posted by danesnpits 2b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 20, 13 at 10:46

I ordered 3 hisbiscus cuttings from Portugal to Canada and stuck in customs 3 weeks. Do you think these are plantable? I plan to try stimroot them with that pink powder when they arrive. And stick them in soil with perlite, vermiculate etc...plus bag them. Keep them under some lights and possibly on a heat mat.

Here is a link that might be useful: ebay auction where I bought them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will these cuttings be ok?

I guess the first question I would ask is why you ordered plants from Europe?
We're you looking to get a particular flower?
Ed

o

That looks like one I have only my flower is yellow, with orange it's one of my favorites.
Kathi

photo DSCF0367-1.jpg

LtoR orchid,blue plumbago,rubber tree,hibiscus photo DSCF0353-2.jpg

photo DSCF0346-1.jpg

same one in 2009

yellow hibiscus 6-09 photo DSCF0019-1.jpg

I have some more taken this last week on my camera,just need to upload them to the computer.
Kathi

o

I have a beautiful double pinkish/orange flowering plant I rooted from a lovely standard that was still a lush green on a Mid/late December day in New York. I HAD to save this plant I admired in that garden so I asked for a cutting before it froze to death. I have two plants of it in my kitchen. It is a reliable bloomer inside and out. To my eye it is superior to the flower pix posted in this thread. I also have a choice double red from Hidden Valley Hibiscus that they claim is the original Hibiscus rosa-sinensis species. This one also performs well as a houseplant but dislikes chills more than my first described plant. The red one will wilt if exposed to temperatures below 50 and will sulk if kept chilly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here