Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hibiscus on home page

Posted by bkay2000 8a TX (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 23, 13 at 17:50

I think that is the hibiscus that I am seeing everywhere. (I have a photo on my phone if I can figure out how to email it to myself.) I don't notice it until the fall, so I don't think it blooms here until then. If we had another month of warm weather, it would be spectacular.

What is that plant?

bk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hibiscus on home page

If you are talking about the photo on the top right of the page when you come to the Hibiscus page that is a Confederate Rose Hibiscus and it can grown into tree size if it is not pruned back on those years it does not freeze. They are usually gotten from cuttings in the springtime. So if you have a friend or neighbor who would be willing to give you a cutting that would be best way to get one started. They can grow to over 40 feet with a trunk about a foot in diameter with good weather.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here