Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hummel's Fantasy

Posted by Seaecho1 SW CA (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 8, 05 at 14:41

Anyone grow this one? I grow orchids and many other tropicals indoors, and would like to try a Hibiscus. I want as small a growing a plant as possible, with variegation. Any suggestions for a newbie? Do Hibiscus do well indoors year round? I live in the S. Calif. high desert, so have lots of sun in my west window where it'll be. Thanks!

Randi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hummel's Fantasy

Hi Randi, Try Snow Queen, with Cream and green foliage, also known as Snowflake and Cooperi. Roseflake is its sister with matching red/purple/cream foliage. Neither is a great bloomer, so put them in lower light, I'd expect not too many blooms.

Both may lose some variegation in low light. Both need fresh air from breezeways and must have foliage dust washed off when built up.

Get yourself 2 of each or get cuttings going, so that as the plants inside show lack of vigour, you can swap them over with others from outside. Doing this would also allow for more buds/blooms to form so that when you bring inside, you'd have blooms for a while at least.

Good luck.

Regards, Brian Kerr.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here