Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
confederate rose colors?

Posted by garden_fool zone 9 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 5, 05 at 15:00

I have seen several people mention pink confederate roses. Is pink the only color there is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: confederate rose colors?

they turn colors.pink is a common color.I have one that blooms pink and just gets darker pink as it ages.But is one that starts off white and changes to pink to a deep rose color.most are double flowered and are some single flowered that really look like dinnerplates,but flower s are smaller. if you do a search for "landscapeing with hibiscus" you should pull an article that shows the plants and bloom times& photos in the landscape.

o

Hi, there is a white, I have white and double pink.Both are real pretty.
Margaret

o

We have a lovely pink ruffly hibiscus we were told by the supplier is called Kona,
Also one that comes in pinks, white, and red all with a red eye that makes 10 inch 'flat' flowers, (grows fine year after year here in Z 4/5)
And when I last grew Cotton was told IT is the confederate rose, its flowers open light pink and turn creamy white and have beautiful large, lobed velvety leaves.... I don't know what to think. Maybe have a look at this link and see what you all think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Confederate Rose

o

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't know the name of mine, but it starts off white, turns light pink then dark pink and finishes a deep purple. I love this plant, it grew over 6ft in a few months, and bloomed in Oct. I hope it overwinters.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here